Becoming a US citizen is a goal for many non-citizens living in the United States. While the process can be long and tenuous, it is made easier with the help of our attorneys. Obtaining US citizenship is possible if you meet certain criteria, including:
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application;
- Have been a legal permanent resident (LPR) for the past 3 or 5 years, depending on how you obtained your LPR status;
- Have continuous residence in the US;
- Have the ability to read, write and speak basic English (unless over 50 years old and lived in the US for at least 20 years, or over 55 and 15 years of living in the US);
- Demonstrate good moral character;
- Be able to demonstrate a basic knowledge of US history and government;
- Demonstrate a loyalty to the principles of the U.S. Constitution; and
- Be willing to take an oath of allegiance.
If you meet the above criteria, you MAY be eligible to apply for citizenship. Call us now to speak to our knowledgeable attorneys. We have extensive experience guiding our clients through this process.
Request A Consultation
Immigration Lawyers Serving Western Colorado. We provide personalized legal services to focus on your unique needs.