Jennifer M. Smith, Attorney at Law
Jennifer M. Smith is a problem solver and passionate about serving her clients and the community. In more than 15 years of private practice, she has gained time-tested skills for finding solutions within the complex web of immigration law.
She has opened new doors for small and large businesses, children, family members, refugees and asylees, victims of crime and abuse, and entrepreneurs of all types. After successfully resolving thousands of immigration and naturalization cases, she continues to love the challenge that comes from convincing the government to grant her client’s cases, no matter how unique the situation.
When she is not working, Jennifer is enjoying the great outdoors with her family.
- Chair of the Colorado chapter of the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA)
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, National Immigration Project
- Member, Ninth Judicial District Bar Association
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Presenter and Author, AILA Colorado, Fall Conference, 2014, 2015, 2016, on Violence Against Women Act, Consular processing, Waivers, Marriage cases, U and T visas
- Presenter and Author, AILA National Conference, 2016, on Violence Against Women Act
- Author, CLE Colorado, “Change of Status,” most recently updated 2016
- Presenter, CLE Colorado, H-1B visas”
- Presenter, Latino Youth Summit, 2010
- Presenter, Four Corners Immigration Conference, 2009
- Presenter, Center for the American West Board of Directors Retreat, 2008
- Presenter, Bizopoly Symposium, 2007
- Presenter, Ninth Judicial District Bar Association, “Immigration Law for Other Attorneys,” 2012
- Source on Immigration Law for Aspen Public Radio and Post Independent Newspaper, ongoing
- Presenter on immigration for community organizations, including the public library, safehouses, schools, attorneys, and non-profits, ongoing
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
- AILA’s Michael Maggio Pro Bono Award for her volunteer work at the family detention center in Artesia, NM, 2015
- Athena International Award for Young Professionals from the Glenwood Springs Chamber of Commerce, 2013
- Pro Bono Service Award from Alpine Legal Services and Ninth Judicial District Bar Association, 2012
- Jackie Morales Community Service Award, 2010
- Outstanding Programs Committee Member Award from the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, 2002
- Governor’s Service Award, State of Colorado, 1993
- University of Colorado, School of Law – Juris Doctorate, May 2000, with distinction
- University of Washington – International Business Certificate, July 1997
- Intensive Skills Development with Harvard Negotiation Project, January 1995
- Connecticut College – Bachelor of Arts: International Relations, May 1995
- Honorable Judge Kapelke, Colorado Court of Appeals
- “Change of Status,” Immigration Law for the Colorado Practitioner, 2011, updated 2013
Liam C. Devlin, Attorney at Law
Liam Devlin joined Smith Immigration in January of 2017. He is a born and bred New Yorker who brings an emphasis on the pragmatic and intellectual application of legal principles to his work, along with a fierce devotion to protecting and promoting the rights of immigrants.
Prior to relocating to Glenwood, he devoted over two years to defending individuals in removal proceedings and representing affirmative asylum applicants at a law firm in New York. Also, he managed the state family court and federal immigration applications for minors seeking Special Immigrant Juvenile status in New York and New Jersey.
Liam graduated from Northeastern University (Go Huskies!) with a B.A. in Communications Media-Studies, then went on to New York Law School where he earned his Juris Doctor. After graduating from law school he gained significant experience in municipal tort law and commercial real estate litigation before discovering his passion for immigration law.
When not in the office, Liam enjoys reading, snowboarding, playing the guitar, and sailing.
Meet Our Staff
Analy Luquin Andrade